Dynamic Modern by DIJ Group.
Chic and sophisticated, this recently renovated view estate features every amenity.
Walls of Fleetwood windows pocket to reveal expansive views to Beverly Hills and the Pacific Ocean.
4 Bedrooms with en suite baths.
Gorgeous master bath with book matched Calacatta slabs and Gessi fixtures.
Large Gated Motor Court.
Infinity salt water pool & spa.
A smart house.
MORE DETAILS » http://bit.ly/Np0UUI
The grounds originally belonged to Mrs. Lucy Smith Doheny Battson, wife of Edward L. Doheny, Jr. (1893–1929), son of oil tycoon Edward L. Doheny (1856–1935), were known as the Doheny Ranch or the Doheny Estate, and included the Greystone Mansion. In 1954, Paul Trousdale (1915–1990) purchased the grounds, while the mansion was purchased by industrialist Henry Crown (1896–1990). Shortly after, Trousdale convinced the Beverly Hills City Council to add the neighborhood to the city, which they accepted, and he renamed it the Trousdale Estates.
Trousdale first built 532 original lots, all subject to strict regulations devised by the Architectural Committee, including how high roofs could be. Early houses were designed by renowned architects Wallace Neff (1895–1982), Paul R. Williams (1894–1980), A. Quincy Jones (1913–1979), Frank Lloyd Wright (1867–1959) and Harold Levitt (1922–2003). Allen Siple (1900–1973) acted as the supervising architect.
By 1981, some houses were remodeled, blocking their neighbors’ views. As a result, after some consultation in 1987 the Trousdale Estates Homeowners Association, a non-profit organization, and the city of Beverly Hills implemented the Trousdale Ordinance to preserve the neighborhood.