Choosing a qualified and experienced real estate agency can mean all the difference in your real estate experience and the success of your transaction. While the specific details of what you’ll be looking for are different whether buying or selling, there are a few core values that make up a great real estate agency.
Four Qualities of a Great Real Estate Agency
Quality #1: Experience
Quite simply, there is no substitution for experience in today’s ever-changing real estate market. From being able to foresee issues before they arise to understanding the intricacies of the various types of real estate transactions, an experienced real estate agency can promote and protect their client’s best interest with ease. Particularly in the luxury real estate
sector, where not all firms have experience with seven- and eight-figure real estate deals, experience is crucial.
- Sellers: An experienced agency will have the knowledge of pricing, marketing savvy, global connections, and book of clientele needed to make the sale of your home as smooth and successful as possible.
- Buyers: An experienced agency will be able to listen to your wants and needs, and can match you with the community and home to suit and exceed them. They will also have knowledge of unlisted properties that less experienced and connected firms simply do not. Founded in 1993 by renowned and award-winning Realtors Rick Hilton and Jeff Hyland, you can’t beat the experience found within the Hilton & Hyland agency.
Quality #2: Market Knowledge
You would never go on a hike without a map.
Why buy and sell real estate with an agency that doesn’t know the lay of the land?
Knowledge of the market – whether buying or selling – is crucial to your success. From introducing you to up and coming investment markets to advising you on market activity in your own neighborhood, a good real estate agency should have a veteran’s knowledge of the communities you’re interested in.
- Sellers: An agency with strong market knowledge can advise you of current market trends and pricing strategies. They can show you comparable homes that have and have not sold in your area. They should also be connected within the community and can bring buyers to the table. The experienced and knowledgeable team of agents at Hilton & Hyland, have been selling in Los Angeles for decades and know this market and its intricacies better than anyone.
- Buyers: One of the most important core values that buyers should look for, knowledge of the market means introducing you to the communities and neighborhoods that best suit your lifestyle. It also means knowing market trends to give you an advantage in making offers and negotiations. A good agency can also give you advice on area doctors, banks, churches, schools and more.
Quality #3: Marketing & Technology
As the real estate industry changes, more and more importance is being placed on an agency’s marketing abilities and use of technology. In an age where more than 90% of home buyers start their search online, a good real estate agency should have the online presence needed to capture buyers. Furthermore, a quality agency needs to have the technology resources available to both buyers and sellers to make communication effortless.
- Sellers: A great real estate agency should have a global online presence that allows buyers to quickly find and view your property. An excellent agency should also be immediately available to potential buyers through the use of technology. Hilton & Hyland takes marketing to the next level by partnering with Christie’s International Real Estate, the largest international network of independent real estate brokers specializing in extraordinary real estate.
- Buyers: While it may not seem like technology and marketing savvy would be important to the purchase of a home – it is. Particularly in the luxury sector, where many buyers and investors are purchasing from outside of the immediate area, ease of communication can be key. From sending video tours of properties to emailing available listings, you’d be surprised how much technology is involved in purchasing a property.
Quality #4: Resources & Connections
Having excellent resources and connections in the real estate industry can mean everything from knowing the right home inspector or handyman to having the area’s best closing attorney and mortgage professional on speed dial. If you’ve found a real estate agency that’s made it through Qualities #1-3, they likely possess Quality #4.
With experience, knowledge of the market, and market savvy, a great real estate agency will have made countless connections along the way and will be able to easily provide you with a list of recommended sources for a variety of needs. This is equally beneficial to both buyers and sellers who may need a little help or advice from time to time.
Hilton & Hyland: A Great Real Estate Agency
and Jeff Hyland
, two of the country’s most respected and trusted real estate professionals, founded the premier luxury real estate agency in Los Angeles, Hilton & Hyland in 1993.
Offering a dynamic and diverse range of services to their clients, the Hilton & Hyland brand is synonymous with integrity, knowledge, luxury and success. Having assisted some of the country’s most affluent clientele with the purchase and sale of truly exceptional residences in both the Los Angeles and Beverly Hills real estate
market, their impeccable reputation speaks volumes. We are also the only Westside of Los Angeles agency to be represented by Christie’s International Real Estate – connecting their clients to the world’s most exceptional properties.
On the back of this reputation, Hilton & Hyland has grown from a small real estate boutique to an internationally recognized real estate brand, yet has never outgrown its founding philosophy for meeting the individual concerns and needs of each client.
Contact the Best Real Estate Agency
To learn more about Hilton & Hyland
or to speak directly with one of our experienced and knowledgeable associates, do not hesitate to contact our offices today. Our team is committed to surpassing client needs and expectations and looks forward to showing you why we are the area’s best real estate agency with which to partner. Connect today to learn more.