Hilton & Hyland’s David Kramer, Trista Rullan, and Rick Hilton recently listed Hacienda Palancar. The romantic Hacienda is on the Caribbean coast of Mexico’s mystical Yucatan Peninsula. This unique gem of a property is only eight miles (13 kilometers) from the famous town of Tulum in Quintana Roo, which has proven to be a favorite retreat among celebrities looking to escape the limelight.
Situated within the Sian Ka’an Nature Reserve, a UNESCO world heritage site, Palancar is one of very few properties in a million acres. The estate features five independent main buildings designed to guarantee complete privacy, which include:
- A master building with his and her bathrooms, dressing rooms, offices (which double as bedrooms), and outdoor showers, along with 20 foot high ceilings, arched doors, and wrap around verandas throughout.
- Living/great room building with 20 foot ceilings, wrap around verandas, a large stone fireplace, and high arched doors, which open to welcome the trade winds flowing from east to west, providing a natural cooling system.
- Kitchen building with a manager’s apartment and office, and two second story guest rooms.
- Guest building with four glorious ocean-view apartments.
- A separate staff building, as well as carpentry and mechanic shops, and a maintenance office. This luxurious family compound is comprised of 13 bedrooms and 16½ baths within 19,000 square feet (1,765 square meters) and is proudly situated upon 70 acres (28 hectares), including over 2,000 feet (655 meters) of incomparable, white sand beach. The Hacienda stands amidst forest rich in indigenous flora and fauna and glorious landscaping with coco palms, lawns, a pool, and fountains.
In addition to its subtle artistry and deep aesthetic, this Hacienda has exceedingly distinctive strength in construction and design. Borrowing details from Spanish and Moorish architecture, Palancar offers fabulous miradors that extend the length of the two main buildings to create a perfect venue for dining under the stars. Exquisite local stone detailing are found throughout the estate, along with the lavish use of Spanish tiles. The main buildings have exceptional Anglo-Indian antiques and custom built-ins made to order in India.
The infrastructure is self-sustaining and built to last. Palancar has one of the largest arrays of solar panels in private hands in Mexico, aided by state-of-the-art generators when needed. Underground filtration systems, together with rain catchment systems, all ensure plentiful supplies of fresh water. Sophisticated systems for video conferencing and Wi-Fi are integrated throughout the property, with private reception towers for improved connectivity. Also included are both satellite television and a state-of-the-art security system featuring twenty five cameras for greater privacy.
The site was chosen for its unparalleled location on the pristine Caribbean coast between two unique bodies of water. The warm, azure sea to the east is protected by the second largest barrier reef in the world and the sweet water Capechen Lagoon to the west invites you to relax under your palapa on the private dock or take a boat ride for world class fly fishing. This incredible, unrivaled paradise is fully furnished and in mint condition. It is being offered turn-key and listed for $30,000,000.